Our mission is to enable the success of the UA research community, its collaborators, and its supporters whose work demands advanced computing, storage and data sharing solutions. Here is how you can take advantage of those services to further your research.
I am faculty/staff directly affiliated with UA
UA faculty/staff may request project accounts from RCS. Please fill out a project account application form. If you do not already have an RCS account, you will also need to fill
out a user account application form.
I am not faculty/staff, but have direct UA affiliation
Only UA faculty and staff may request use of RCS services. To use our services, you will need to identify a UA faculty/staff member willing to include you on a new or existing RCS project account. Please fill out a user account application form once you know which project account (or pending project account) you will be included under.
My colleague is a UA affiliate, but I am not
You will need the following:
- An RCS user account
- A UA guest account, through which you will manage your login credentials
If your UA colleague has a project account with us, you can request membership in it and be eligible for an RCS user account by filling out a user account application form.
To obtain a UA guest account, coordinate with your UA colleague to fill out UAF OIT's account request form: https://www.alaska.edu/oit/services/account-management/forms/formMemberAffiliateAccountRequestForm.pdf
- Guest: Complete the top section of the form, then sign the bottom
- Guest: In the field labeled "Last 4 Digits of SSN", provide any four-digit number of your choice. You will need to remember this number when resetting your password.
- UA sponsor: In the "ACCESS REQUESTED BY SPONSOR" section, check the "Other" box, then enter "EDIR/Authserv/LDAP"
- UA sponsor: Enter an expiration date in the "Sponsor Specified Expiration Date." Leaving the field blank will default to 12 months
- UA sponsor: Sign and date the form as the affiliates's sponsor
- UA sponsor: Email the completed form to RCS